SLOGGING MY LIFE AWAY!For money.Ok, to make it sound better, I'm employed! Yay happy sha lala. A few days back, I was still searching frantically for any immediate jobs available. With Meryl, I went to so many many recruitment agencies at Tanjong Pagar and sent so many many resumes. We have both came to this conclusion, when you're jobless, they wont call. And, when you're employed, they'll all come knocking on your doors. Argh. Yup very, very true. Initially I didnt want to agree on ANY jobs yet cos I was afraid that after I accepted, I might be losing out on a BETTER offer you see. True. But our Meryl-Lauren theory has shown that by remaining jobless, no offer would even come close to you.
Took up Kev's ex-job, as Wall's ice-cream promoters! Too bad all of us have to work individually. My location is super bad. Stinks like toiletbowl. Trust me man. Turn to you left and you'll see butcher chopping meat. Right? Rows and rows of raw/fresh/live seafood (squids, lobsters, fish, FROGS) staring back at you. DAMNIT. But well, I shall endure. And I totally blamed no one ok. Rather, I was grateful that Fung(thru Kev) gave me this offer. Anyway it's just a 3days assignment yeah? Felt so giant-ish(my previous job) as we were all clad in polo tees and denim bottoms and shoes.
It makes me feel younger!
From monday onwards, I'm going to work under RecruitExpress as one of them. The dress-code is a total contrast from what I have now. Formal. Or rather, very formal. For any of you who has been to RecruitExpress and seen how the recruit agents dressed, yeah I'm gonna be one real soon! Got my pair of black pointed-heels, black coat/very formal jacket, black skirt. So exciting!!! Professional. My first ever office job in my whole life. I'd always wanted to work in banks, like Jan and Steph. And THAT AGENT ACTUALLY CALLED TO TELL ME CITIBANK WANTS ME one pathetic day after I signed the contract with RecruitExpress. Super irritating right?? But the contract waits for nobody. I've been through the interview and was considered lucky to be accepted. So I'll just take it. It's gonna be fun, this, I promised myself. Cos ah, Meryl told me her admin job at HSBC (the building opp mine) is SUPER BORING. HOHOHOHOH! =x Sorry ah mu! but well, yay people please come to me! I will try my very best to help you all get a job! And I was told that the branch that I'm posted (6 Battrey Road/ Viet Cafe/ Six bar's buidling) is one of the better ones as our clients are bigshots like SGX. Actually when I was told that, I didnt respond. Cos I know nuts bout SGX. Duh.
Pros: Joyce works nearby. Mu's opp mine. HELLO HELLO PPL LET'S MEET FOR LUNCH MAN! And I can go home with Meryl! And Studio Wu, here we come!! So many many things to do. SO fun, so exciting!
Life, oh life!
Thanks for everything.